IDC Research: Next-Gen Merchandising Solutions: New approaches to meet the coming challenges of retail
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global market intelligence and advisory services, provider. They examine consumer markets by devices and applications to help guide decision-makers when investing in technology.
IDC’s respected InfoBriefs series examines how the latest disruptive technologies to fuel revolutions in specific industries.
With 65% of retailers now saying AI is essential for merchandise analytics and 54% of them citing that improving ecosystem collaboration with suppliers is a top priority, IDC is seeing the emergence of Next Generation (“Next-Gen”) merchandising solutions.
Next-Gen Merchandising Solutions: New approaches to meet the coming challenges of retail
IDC InfoBrief covers the following key section:
- Assessment of today's merchandising challenges and the function of category management is increasingly under pressure
- Growing Importance of Retail and CPG Collaboration
- New role if AI as a component of Next-Gen Merchandising solutions
- The trend from automation to augmentation: Why intent matters
- How Next-Generation Merchandising Tools Augment Strategic Decisions
- Capabilities of Next-Gen Solutions
- Evolution of Merchandising Optimization
You will learn
- As research by IDC, you will learn where the category management industry is heading.
- How AI will transition from a back-office tool once focused on planning, automation, and optimization to one focused on augmenting strategic decision
- How companies can improve decision-making, reduce reliance on specialized "technical" expertise by allowing AI to bridge the gap between strategic recommendations and operational execution
- And lastly, IDC offers some essential guidance on how to get started today
Please register for business details for this report to be emailed.