Discover new emerging retail risks and why even the biggest retailers continue to face inventory management challenges
Meet Brand Elverston:
Brand is the Founder/Principal at Elverston Consulting. He is a senior strategic advisor providing upper leadership consultative services in retail technologies. Brand specialises in disruptive, non-traditional technology integration, large scale development and implementation and technology identification. Brand is one-of-a-kind leader in the retail industry. And if you like this podcast, you must get Brand's new book: Proclivity: It’s more intuitive than you think, resist making it hard.
In this podcast you will learn:
• Why "new retail disruptors" are going to be those that can give intelligence around inventory. This is a competitive imperative, it's not an advantage.
• What emerging risks that are invisible at the moment retailers are facing as the new normal takes its effect. For example, with decline in human interaction and traffic in physical stores due to Buy online, pick up in store (BOPIS) and mobile checkout, discovery opportunities and cross sell opportunities are reduced.
• What new technologies retailers should be investing in and integrating in order to meet new shopping habits of the "frictionless" shoppers. Conventional legacy technologies in store today will not do.
• Why retailers are relying on technology suppliers to bring new innovations? Why some retailers who traditionally have not built their own physical technology are starting to use artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms?
• What new, smarter technologies in retail are being developed to help with risk mitigation.
• Why AI/machine learning models really "force multipliers", accelerating everything inside the retail box and more.