Future of retail is here: from in-store flying-blimps, shelf edge messaging, computer vision, robotics, smart checkouts to hyper local assortments
Meet Ken Fenyo:
Ken is the President of Research & Advisory at Coresight Research, which delivers data-driven insights at the intersection of retail and technology. Coresight provides leading retailers, brands, technology companies, and investors with insights, advice, and tools to anticipate change and profit from the disruption reshaping the global retail landscape. Coresight has offices in the US, China, Europe, and India.
Ken is a leading expert on omni-channel retail, subscription e-commerce, retail innovation, and loyalty. He regularly speaks at industry events including Shoptalk, Groceryshop, FMI, and with the media, including CNN, CNBC, BBC, NPR, Inc., and Forbes.
Ken was previously a senior consultant at McKinsey & Company. He led Consumer Markets for Fuel, McKinsey’s startup practice, where his clients included subscription, DTC, marketplace, and retail tech companies. He also served leading retailers, brands, and private equity firms on loyalty, personalization, and the future of retail.
In this podcast you will learn:
• What new retail trends we can expect to stick and which ones are temporary and would go back to what they were pre-COVID. Specifically, Ken shares interesting insights into reimagining how the stores will evolve and what it means for brick and mortar retail.
• The research that is being completed by Coresight around economic benefits of assortment localisation and what it means for both retailers and CPG companies.
• Ken shares his predictions regarding what stores of the future would look like and challenges some of the old assumptions we often hold as true. Some surprising insights.
• Who is experimenting with such things as in-store flying-blimps, shelf edge personalised messaging, computer vision, robotics, smart check out, and hyper local assortments.
• How technologies such as AI and AR are being used by retailers, and how latent demand will change the way we predict shopper demand.
• Interesting startups who are bringing amazing innovation to retail spaces from USA to Israel to Australia.