Tanvir Hossain on beyond just coding as a software engineer
December 22, 2019 | By Tanvir Hossain
In this podcast episode you can learn about:
- What it’s really like being a software engineer at a startup vs at a corporate organisation. The good, the bad and the ugly. Hint: passion and adaptability is key;
- What it is like to get a chance to explore beyond your immediate skill set. With Tanvir, it was his chance to explore what it is like to try DevOps for a while and in the process become an AWS certified cloud practitioner!
- Why doing side projects is more than just about having “fun”. Not does it solely aids in your learning process but it also makes you more “employable”. Building for fun builds your credibility!
- What resources to look for as a software engineer to develop your curiosity and skills;
- How to prepare for any role and have the confidence to go for it;
- What it’s like working at HIVERY and what support is available to develop your skills and why learning and experimenting is so much encouraged;
- Tanvir’s secret way of coding. Hint: developing a customer-centric mindset and visualization is the secret ingredient in any software developers toolkit.
Next-gen merchandising solutions to meet the coming challenges of retail with Jon Duke and John Showalter
Store clustering and the challenges category development teams face with Melissa Mann
Simulating new item success from innovation to execution at retail shelf with Scott Anderson and Zach Simpson