Andrew Purchas on the simple key to successful product commercialisation
Apr 08, 2020 | By
In this podcast episode you can learn about:
- With the onset of new technology, Andrew highlights the need to determine how to best leverage AI within your business; whether you should consider “buy or build” strategy, and how to embrace an agile mindset while managing intellectual property across internal and external teams.
- Andrew discusses how major companies need to adopt new approaches, including having a “new breed” of staff or upskill them to get the most of what AI has to offer.
- What it takes to make a successful commercial deal, especially when it’s a totally new product where the product-market fit is still being validated. Here Andrew shares his expertise in understanding the importance of customer-centricity, co-designing together, being transparent around the process and avoid jargon! Andrew highlights there is more to deal with than just the financials, and sometimes strategic fit needs to be considered.
- What is the secret ingredient in finding the right customer for a fruitful partnership, especially when you are co-designing a lot of features together? Andrew shares his thoughts on this interesting topic as well as the sales process we follow to co-design together.
- Is customer feedback worth it? It’s important to consider customer feedback but you also need to validate it. It can be a mistake to take all feedback as equal. By really defining the problem with your customer, embracing strong customer empathy; you soon realise that not all feedback is indeed equal.
Discover new emerging retail risks and why even the biggest retailers continue to face inventory management challenges
Are consumers rational really? How does this impact shopper insights, category management, marketing and future AI models? Dr Gerardo Berbeglia, Associate Professor of Operations, shares his views and predictions
Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, Jeff Ireland ex Coke, Newell Brands and IRI talks about the challenges and future of category management analytics